They are more about improving the performance for the consumer, step-by-step on used devices, rather than launching AI as service products. This is all about increased value in the consumer market for hardware. Indeed their focus on the design and manufacture of their own AI chips has been relentless.
However, they have a strategy and artificial intelligence is embedded everywhere in their products:
- Built their own A13 Bionic Chipset, now found in their devices, putting algorithmic power in the devices themselves, the fastest CPU and GPU embedded in a smartphone.
- Integrated AI into many of its products, such as face recognition on its iPhones.
- Using machine learning to improve the performance through image processing on its iPhone cameras. Their AI chips include, for example, an image processing feature known as ‘Deep Fusion’ which uses machine learning to improve low to medium light photography,
- Siri, the personal assistant for iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS uses AI to improve performance. It make Sirs pretty slick, especially on understanding prompts, recognising specific voices and translation.
- Heath apps such as exercise, sleep and dignostics use data and machine learning.
- Smart home devices will include AI, including face recognition on door cameras, that recognise who is at the door.
- Hand washing countdown, digital car keys and many other real world tasks will be recognised through Apple devices.
- AI will be foundational in their AR glasses, rumoured to be released in 2023.
Post a Comment